Ed Brill on HCL Partnership, Domino 10, Domino 2025 Jam
In our latest video, Colin, Graham and Scott hosted a conversation with Ed Brill. The topics are the HCL partnership, Domino 10, and the Domino 2025 Jams that IBM announced in October. Ed fills in the gaps around the announcement and then takes questions from our panel.
The key takeaways from our conversation include:
- There is no end date for Notes and Domino, Verse, Sametime and the related products in the HCL agreement
- HCL have a new division that is focused on product development and marketing. IBM have done 10 similar agreements with HCL to date. HCL is heavily invested in the success of this relationship.
- The development team who have been involved with Notes and Domino for years are still going to be on the team; they are going to transition from being IBM employees to being HCL employees
- We as customers and partners will have more access to the development lab than in the past
- The roadmap for the future of Notes and Domino will take input from the Domino2025 Jams happening around the world in December and January, and will be formally presented at IBM Think in Las Vegas in March 2018
For those of you who have not yet signed up to have your say about the future of Notes and Domino, you still have time to register for the Domino2025 Jams happening in December and January. Use this link to get more information, and to register.
Also, our friends at ICON UK recently hosted a session on this very same topic, but with a more technical focus, with Uffe Sorensen and Barry Rosen of IBM. You can watch a reply of that meeting on the ICON UK Events YouTube channel.
Finally, here is a link to the original announcement from IBM.